Making a Scrapbook

For the past month or so, I have been working on Luke's anniversary present: a scrapbook.

I wont lie, this took me hours but it was so much fun and I am so pleased with the finished product, so I thought I would share with you the process that I went through.




I started with this 12x12 inch scrapbook from Hobbycraft. If I'm honest, I didn't realise how big this size book actually was until I collected it in store, but it turned out to be the perfect size for the amount of photos that I wanted to include (138 in total!).

Due to the sheer amount of photos that I wanted printing I went through Photobox, as they were doing a deal if you had a large amount of photos printed and I had credit left in my account too from a previous order with them. 

If you are looking to have a lot of photos printed I would definitely recommend Photobox, my order arrived really quickly, all of the prints were good quality and the price was so affordable!




I filled the pages of my scrapbook not just with photos, but also with tickets and memories from our favourite days out, holidays and weekends away. 

To stick everything down, I used glue dots, which I also picked up from Hobbycraft. The exact ones that I used aren't online but you can see a similar version here. These were great because I could still move photos around after I had stuck them down if I decided that I wanted them on a different page.




I also mixed between silver and gold gel pens and these glitter letters as photo captions, which I thought looked really cute, although peeling them from the packaging and sticking them down did ruin my nails!

Hobbycraft have loads of scrapbooking essentials and accessories, I could so easily have spent far too much on pretty, sparkly stickers and tape, so if you are looking to design your own scrapbook I would definitely advise looking in one of their stores or online.



I was so pleased with how my scrapbook turned out. I have only shared a few snippets as I think it is quite a personal thing but I spent so much time on it that I thought I'd tell you about it!

Luke opened it yesterday morning and he loved it too, so overall my first attempt at scrapbooking was a huge success!

Have you ever tried scrapbooking?


Haze x



Share:

0 comments