Baking Banana Bread


Last week, whilst on a day off from work, I used some past the point of being edible bananas to make some super yummy , and equally easy to make, banana bread, from the BBC Good Food website (which doesn't picture too well, but I promise you that it tastes incredible!).

INGREDIENTS

Butter - 140g
Caster sugar - 140g
Self-raising flour - 140g
Baking powder - 1 tablespoon
Ripe bananas - 2
Eggs - 2

METHOD

Preheat the oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with butter and/or greaseproof paper - I definitely recommend using paper otherwise you may struggling removing your banana bread from the tin once it's baked!

Cream the butter and sugar together. It's probably easiest to do this with an electric whisk if you have one, but last time I tried this and made a massive mess so this time around I just used a wooden spoon, and everything still turned out okay!

Add the eggs, baking powder and flour (I would recommend sieving the flour and baking powder into the bowl).

Mash two bananas (the riper the better) in a separate bowl, this is easily done with a fork, and add them into the mixture.

Once everything has been mixed together and your mixture is looking nice and creamy, pour it into the baking tray. Make sure that, once poured in, everything is relatively flat on top or you'll end up with a lumpy loaf!

The recipe recommends baking for 30 minutes but I actually had my banana bread in the oven for about 38 minutes until a knitting needle came out of it completely clean, so definitely keep an eye on your mixture towards the end of it cooking, in case yours cooks in more or less time than this.

Once you've left everything to cool, your banana bread is ready to eat! I've enjoyed this as a snack by itself, as a dessert with natural yogurt and honey and my Dad recently tried it with vanilla ice cream and was very complementary!


This is a great recipe for using up the last few bananas in your fruit bowl if they've gone a bit soft. Let me know if you give it a go!


Haze x


Share:

0 comments