Dinner at Ask Italian

On Wednesday night, myself and two girl friends went to Ask Italian for dinner. To be honest, we were mainly drawn to Ask because of the two courses for £10.95 deal that they offer Monday - Thursday, and the gluten free menu that they offer for me, but it turned out to be a really yummy meal that I wanted to share with you all!


I went for the fettucine con melanzane, which was gluten free fusilli pasta in tomato, garlic and basil sauce, served with grilled aubergines and grated ricotta. This was one of the nicest pasta dishes that I have ever had in a restaurant - it was so good!


One of my friends went for the pepperoni pizza, which looked and smelt amazing and the other tried the Penne Al Pollo De La Casa, which was chicken, mushrooms and pasta baked in a creamy sauce. Everyone really enjoyed their mains and all the food was gone pretty quickly!


For dessert, we were all drawn to the same dish: the Chocolate Lava Mountain. This was a chocolate fondant topped with vanilla ice cream and then covered with a dark chocolate dome; the waiter then poured hot toffee sauce over the pudding at the table - it was so cool and tasted heavenly!


If you're chocolate lovers like we are, I would highly recommend this. It was the perfect amount of chocolatey goodness, not too rich and not too bitter. Just like my homemade chocolate brownies! (Nothing like a bit of shameless self-promotion).

We had a really lovely evening and I will definitely be returned to Ask soon. Good food and a bargain, what more can you ask for?!


Haze x



Share:

0 comments