Our Favourite Places to Eat in Edinburgh



I am very excited because at the beginning of August, Luke and I are going back to Edinburgh for the third year in a row.

Edinburgh is my absolute favourite place to be, I love everything about it and used to visit all the time with my grandparents when I was younger. It's so gorgeous, there is so much to do and the food is amazing.

So, I thought I would tell you about our favourite places to eat while we are in Edinburgh:


1. We stay in Stockbridge, which is about a twenty minutes walk from Princes Street (the main shopping street) and then another ten minutes from there is Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile. Just behind Princes Street, on Georges Street, is Cafe Andaluz, an incredible little tapas restaurant. We stumbled across this restaurant purely by chance and completely fell in love. If you ever find yourself in Edinburgh and like Spanish cuisine, this is the place for you.

2. Buffalo Grill is on Chapel Street and it's a small, American-style, chargrill restaurant that serves delicious lunches and dinners. I would recommend booking if you want to go here for dinner, as it seems to be busy every night of the week and, after eating here a couple of times, we can see why!

3. Hectors is on Deanhaugh Street and, again, is always busy at dinner time. We stopped here for lunch before catching the train home last year and I wished we had tried it sooner. Hectors is a trendy gastro pub with a truly amazing menu and atmosphere. I can't wait to go back for more of their pies, or maybe a Sunday roast!


4. We also stumbled upon Ping On Chinese Restaurant by chance. We weren't really sure what we fancied and, as it was a Friday night, a lot of restaurants were full. The takeaway queue for this place was out the door, but they had tables inside where you could dine in so we went for that, and I am so glad we did. This is another place that I think we will always want to go back to. The service is just as great as the food - our quarter duck was shredded at the table by our waiter using just a fork! 

5. My last recommendation isn't a restaurant, it's a cocktail bar. Just behind Princes Street, Tonic cocktail bar is a hidden gem that Luke and thoroughly enjoyed. The staff were friendly and the drinks were so good; we didn't stay for long the first time we visited and will definitely be going back in August for more!

Have you ever been to Edinburgh?


Haze x

Share:

0 comments