University Bedroom Essentials.

I am currently coming to the end of my first year at university (only four exam-filled weeks left!) and so I thought I would share a few, simple things that I would personally class as having been absolute essentials for the past nine or so months.

1. Photos.



The first thing I did when I moved into to my new, university dorm was decorate. Obviously, there isn't much you can do if you want your security deposit back at the end of the year, so instead the best way that I found to really make my room my own was to put up photos and, as the year has gone on, ticket stubs, wrist bands and other small tokens of some amazing memories.

When you're feeling homesick, stressed or maybe just generally a bit down, a pinboard or door covered in happy pictures can be just the thing to boost your spirits and I have found that it works a treat. 

2. Chocolate and sweeties.


This may seem like a no-brainer, but I thought that I would mention it anyway: chocolate and sweets can lift your mood no end. 

Revision is boring, there is no doubt about it, so sometimes a sweet little pick-me-up is exactly what you need. I like to keep a jar of jelly babies on my desk to pick at whilst I'm working and I also always have a few chocolate treats for stress eating emergencies.

3. A chilled out playlist.


I don't know about you, but I really struggle to work in complete silence. So, rather than constantly searching for the right song on Youtube instead of focusing on work, I have created the perfect work/chilling out playlist.

The majority of this is compiled of the Ministry of Sound Perfectly Chilled album (which I highly recommend) and the rest is a few of my all-time favourite songs. I work best to calm, relaxing songs that won't make me want to dance as soon as the beat drops and so far, this is working like a charm to keep me motivated and in a revision frame of mind.

4. A (cool) calendar.


One thing I noticed before getting a calender was that my stress levels increase majorly when I don't write things down and instead try to remember them, so a cool calendar that fitted perfectly on my notice board was a must. 

I write everything on here: exams, nights out, trips home, homework etc. and I really do find that if I can just look up and see all my plans written out, it helps to organise my time much more efficiently. Plus, I love elephants and enjoy having a new image one every month.

5. A dressing gown or onesie.


This final one might seem a bit odd but, if you're like me and have to be comfy in order to function, it's a must. I have a cute, fluffy penguin dressing gown and I practically live in it, it's warm (perfect because the heating in university accommodation is notoriously terrible), cosy and, for someone who misses home a lot, a necessary comfort.

So there you have it, my top five university bedroom essentials. Thank you for reading!

Haze x



Share:

0 comments