Date Night at Stable Pizza



Yesterday evening, after I had come home, put a wash on, put on my pyjamas and resigned myself to a night of nothing, my boyfriend showed up announced at my door and asked whether he could take me to dinner (I know, what a cutie). 

After much deliberation over where we fancied (being the little piggy that I am I had already been out for lunch so took a while to choose), we settled on Stable Pizza, a wonderful pizza place right by Birmingham New Street Station that neither of us had tried before.

We loved it, I have recommended it to everyone I have spoken to so far today, and now I'm going to tell you all about it. Aren't you lucky?




The restaurant itself is so much bigger than it looks from the outside, with wooden bench-style tables and so many gorgeous little hanging lights. The menu is on a clipboard on your table and you go up to the bar to order - straight away I loved the chilled, relaxed vibes we walked in to! 

Also, I loved being able to see our food going in and out of the oven. Freshly made pizza is always the best and that's definitely what this was!

AAANNNNDD, they had raspberry cider on tap. DELISH.




To start us off, we shared a cheesy garlic bread pizza. We were (for about 5 seconds) unsure whether to order this or not in case it was too much food. It wasn't, it was delicious and after all, is there ever such a thing as too much pizza?




For the main event I went for The Fresh Hawaiian with avocado on the side. If you're a fan of pineapple on pizza, which I know not everyone is, you'll appreciate what I mean when I say that the great thing about this pizza was that the pineapple was baked into the pizza, not just dumped on top. 

Stable Pizza aren't stingy with their helpings of mozzarella, either, which is yet another reason why they get a huge thumbs up from me.




Luke went for what I think is a bit of a speciality at the Birmingham restaurant, The Bullring Boar. This was a combination of chorizo, salami, mozzarella and rocket and it was also devine. 

The bases on both our pizzas were that perfect mix of soft in the middle and crispy on the outside, the toppings were so generous and the individual wooden boards and pizza cutters that came with your meal were the icing on a seriously yummy cake!

As I have said many-a-time now to all my housemates, Stable Pizza would be the perfect place for more or less any evening: it's perfectly priced for students, it's romantic enough for a date and also sufficiently chilled for a good old catch up/chinwag.

I can't wait to go back and hopefully have enough room for a dessert, too!


Haze x








Share:

0 comments