My Garmin Forerunner 10

Before I start this post can I just say, HAVE YOU SEEN MY NEW BLOG HEADER? Isn't it gorgeous?! I cannot thank Jemma over at Dorkface blog enough for her amazing work.

Anyway...

Oh hi there! I don't know about you guys but I have a real love/hate relationship with running.

As I mentioned in my 20 Facts About Me post, I used to be a competitive swimmer and that's really the only sport I've ever been properly 'in to' or really any good at. But, more recently, I've been getting into running and I am (mostly) starting to enjoy it more and more.

The Garmin Forerunner 10 is my running watch of choice and this blog post is going to tell you why...



I have had my running watch for about a year now, but have only really started using it in the past six months or so. At university, I am a member of the gym and work out there about three or four times a week. Back home, though, I don't have a gym membership so I have turned to running in order to keep myself fit and active.

I'm not what I would call a serious runner, I don't want to race or run massively far (at the moment the thought of a half marathon, or even a 10km scares me!), but I do like being able to see the speed and distance that I am running consistently improving.



Before I start running, I press a little button on my Garmin Forerunner 10 and it finds my location, it beeps once it has done this, I press start and off I go. Whilst I run the watch tells me how far I have gone and how much time has past, this is my favourite setting to use but you can also view how many calories you've burnt and set a pace that you want to stay at if you like.

This watch is so easy to use, you can save your runs on it and then plug it into your computer/laptop to view all the previous routes, distances and speeds that you have run. I think this is great, especially if you're like me and get bored running the same route all the time, you can go back to old ones that you might have more or less forgotten about!

Personally, I feel much more motivated to run and keep going if I've set myself a target (e.g. 5km) and can keep checking how much closer to that target I'm getting. I like to try and beat my previous times and distances, even if just by a few seconds or 0.2 of a mile, it's encouraging.



I know that there are tonnes of prettier, more complex running watches out there but the Garmin Forerunner 10 is cute and simple and perfect for my 'running needs.' If you're looking for something easy to use to track your fitness journey, this is definitely the watch that I would recommend!

Do you have any favourite running accessories?


Haze x


BLOGLOVIN' // TWITTER // INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK


Share:

0 comments