Mexican Food at Revolución de Cuba


Hey guys! I hope you're well and I'll apologise now if this post makes you hungry! 

On Wednesday night my wonderful friend (Vikki from Victoria's Vintage) and I visited Revolución de Cuba in Milton Keynes, for a really incredible Mexican meal. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and the Wednesday night salsa dancing looked like so much fun.


We started our night with a mocktail each, as unfortunately both of us were driving, and they were both SO GOOD! I had a Summer Punch, which was seriously fruity and sweet (so right up my street, it was amazing trust me), and Vikki went for a an Apple and Raspberry Mojito, which was equally great. 


We then moved onto our starters. We went for three tapas dishes to share between us, which I would definitely recommend as they are equally tasty and economical - from Monday - Saturday Revolución de Cuba offer three dishes for £14.00. We decided on patatas bravas, cajun creamy mushrooms and chicken quesadillas, I've never had quesadillas before but I was really impressed - they were so good! 

The portion sizes were seriously generous but we still ate every bite, how can you not when the food is that good?!


For my main I had the paella de Cuba, which I was really happy that they offered in a single portion as I love paella, but most restaurants will only cook it if two or more people want it at once. The portion of this was huge too, so big in fact that I ended up taking a little doggy bag of leftovers home with me, which my parents demolished as soon as I got back!

The paella was piled with chicken, chorizo and prawns but somehow wasn't overpowering at all, I really enjoyed it and I thought that the presentation was super pretty, too.


Vikki had the 8OZ sirloin steak, with honey roasted vegetables and, on the waitress' recommendation, sweet potato fries - we were told we couldn't leave without trying them! And I have to say, neither of us were disappointed (of course I snaffled a few chips), the meal definitely tasted as good as it looks!

I have to say, Revolución de Cuba may just be overtaking Las Iguanas as my favourite restaurant (can you tell I love Mexican food? You can read more about it here).


Even though we were both completely full, we had to at least try dessert (it's rude not to, right?). So, we went for what I thought looked like the most interesting dish on the dessert menu, churro cheesecake. 

I'm not usually the biggest fan of churros, but I do love a good cheesecake, and I enjoyed this whole dish. We couldn't quite finish it though, which from the amount of food that we had already eaten wasn't exactly surprising, but we gave it a good go!

On Wednesdays Revolución de Cuba is host to a salsa dancing class too which looked like great fun, although Vikki and I were both a bit too chicken to join in. We really enjoyed watching it though and maybe next time I'll be a bit less shy (hopefully!).

If you are looking for a new restaurant to try in Milton Keynes, either for dinner with friends, family or a date night, I would highly recommend Revolución de Cuba. The food was excellent and the cocktails looked great too; I definitely want to go back for a night out with a bit of drinking and dancing, I am partial to the odd cocktail!

I hope you enjoyed this foodie post, it's been a while but I have plenty more in the pipeline! Thank you for reading and make sure you follow me on Bloglovin', or Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, links are below!


Haze x









Share:

0 comments