Baking Chocolate Brookies
These chocolate brookies (inspiration taken from Gourmet Getaways) are heavenly and have gone down so well with my housemates this afternoon - the perfect treat on a lazy Sunday!
350g plain cooking chocolate
Small bag of chocolate chips
3 x eggs
240g caster sugar
1 x teaspoon of baking powder
1. Either in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the butter and cooking chocolate together.
2. In a separate, larger, bowl, sieve in the flour and baking powder, crack and stir in the eggs and add the sugar.
3. Add the chocolate and butter to the above mixture and stir everything together. Add the chocolate chips.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours, until the mixture has set.
5. Put the oven on to 180C (fan oven).
6. Spoon the mixture into about 20 separate balls, on baking trays covered with greaseproof paper (baking parchment).
7. Put your trays in the oven for 7 minutes, take them out and add a handful of marshmallows to the top of each brookie. Then put them back into the oven for another 7 minutes.
8. Leave your brookies to cool (and harden a bit more) for about 15 minutes before you take them off the trays to serve.
So there you have it, super easy super yummy!