Cooking Sausage and Broccoli Carbonara

Welcome to my 100th blog post!




It might not look all that appetising, but tonight's dinner was a creation by moi and it was SO GOOD.

So, I thought I would share it with you...


INGREDIENTS:

5 x sausages (this made 3 big portions for me)

1 x broccoli

1 x tablespoon of vegetable oil

12 x button mushrooms

3 x garlic cloves

3 x portions of tagliatelle 

2 x eggs

3 x small handfuls of grated parmesan


METHOD:


- Put a pan of water on to boil, ready for the tagliatelle.

- Cut each sausage into four pieces.

- Put the tagliatelle in the water and, while it cooks, heat up the oil and fry the sausages, mushrooms and garlic in a large frying pan until everything is golden brown and good to eat.

- About five minutes before the pasta is done, add in the broccoli.

- Just before everything is ready to be mixed together, break the eggs and stir them in a jug with the parmesan, I always add a little black pepper to this as well and, if it doesn't seem 'liquidy' enough, a couple of splashes of milk.

- When it's ready, drain the pasta and broccoli and stir it into the pan with the sausages, garlic and mushrooms.

- With the pan on a low heat, stir in the egg/parmesan mixture. This has to be a low heat and you need to stir pretty quickly, otherwise the eggs might scramble and that's never good.

- When you're happy that everything is piping hot and mixed through, turn of the heat and dish up! Cheddar and extra parmesan can be added on top if you like, and I always like to serve pasta with a baguette of garlic bread.


I hope you like this dish - it's so simple and yummy. Perfect for a good quick dinner. Let me know if you try it out!


Haze x






Share:

2 comments

  1. This looks so yum and pretty simple. I've never made pasta carbonara before, but now I may try!

    x-Greta
    www.mintyfrosting.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy I promise, definitely go for it! Haze xo

      Delete