Moving Back to University

Oh hey there!

The success of my last university-esque post was astounding (I will link it here if you're interested), so I thought I would write another one for you, all about my thoughts and feelings after moving back to university for my second year.


Pretty pretty pretty

So far, second year is SO MUCH BETTER than first year was. Not that first year wasn't great fun, it so was (I can already tell this is going to be a rambling post), but this time around I know what I'm doing, I know where everything is and I was instantly so much more settled.

Let me tell you a little bit about my first year so that we can do some comparing. I loved my flat, it was clean, relatively new and right next to campus, so getting to my lectures took less than ten minutes.

My flatmates were all lovely but we didn't spend a huge amount of time together and I could easily go a few days without seeing any of them so I felt pretty damn lonely at times. Thankfully, though, I made the friends that I live with now and more or less became an honorary member of their flat, which I will forever be thankful for!

First year was a blur; there was so much new information to take in, both from my course and just general learning to live away from home stuff, and after taking a year out before staring uni I struggles to get back into the swing of things work-wise.

But I did it, I came out with a much better grade than I ever expected (which kinda makes it suck that first year doesn't count) and I ended up having one of the best years of my life. (Oh how cheesy!)

And now I'm saying that second year is looking better already? Yes I am! And I will tell you why...

University is a rollercoaster and of course there will be days this year that will leave me feeling stressed and homesick, but by living in a house that I love, with friends that I love, I know that I will never feel as lonely as I did at some points last year. 

Like I mentioned, I know what I'm doing this year. I know where to shop for food, the nights out that I enjoy and where the best places for me to work on campus are. So, just a week into the term, I felt completely settled and chilled.

I'm used to a heavy work load. I know how to manage my time effectively in order to get everything done when it needs to be, I am so much less stressed this year in comparison to last October because I KNOW that I can do this!

When I took my year out it was a very last minute decision, which I made because I didn't think I was ready to be away from home, and also because I wasn't 100% sure that university was for me.

I now know that my degree is exactly what I want to be doing and I can't wait to get stuck into this year, and start preparing for next year abroad too!

I don't really know the exact point to this blog post, but I hope you enjoyed it and I'm glad I finally got all my thoughts regarding first year v. second year out!

Are you a university student? What do you think about the difference between years?


Haze x



Share:

0 comments