Birmingham Student Eats: Cafe Bar Rio!

Now, I've been wanting to start this 'Birmingham Student Eats' series for a while as I am a massive foodie and, for the most part, live as a student in Birmingham. So, after my last post on a favourite, student-frequented pub of mine went so well (linked here), I thought why not? 

So, here you have my second post in this new found series, do let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy!




After spending last year feeling like Selly Oak, the 'student town' next to the University of Birmingham, was missing a cute little cafe, I was pretty thrilled to return in September and find that Rio Cafe Bar had appeared on the high street.

Having previously only taken food and drinks away on my way home, this afternoon I decided to treat myself, stop and sit in for lunch and a cup of tea.




Seriously, how adorable is this teapot? I wanted to take it home with me (I didn't, don't worry). Cafe Rio is just so cute, pretty and homely, it's not huge but the owners have done so much with the space and I could happily sit in there for hours. It does get busy, though, so get in there quick if you're thinking of popping by for lunch!

Speaking of lunch, I had the Mexican Burrito (£4 - amazing value for money) and it was DELICIOUS. The wrap is packed completely full of rice, cheese, beans and mince and the little nachos on the side give a nice crunch if you pop them in your wrap as well like I did.




If you're not a Mexican food fan, no worries. Cafe Bar Rio have a HUGE menu: sandwiches, toasties, paninis, smoothies, cakes, the choices are endless...

Also, if you're looking for somewhere a little different to get some work done, as well or instead of being completely food orientated like me, I would still 100% recommend Cafe Bar Rio. The coffee is cheap to keep your energy levels up (as are the homemade cakes) and they have big tables, multiple plug sockets and free wifi, what more do you need?




I can tell this will soon be my home away from home come exam time, and if you're a UOB student looking for a change from the Costas and Starbucks' on campus, look no further and enjoy.


Haze x





Share:

0 comments