An MK Bloggers Meetup at Turtle Bay



On Tuesday I finally had the chance to meet up again with some of the wonderful bloggers that we have here in Milton Keynes, for a good old catch up over some delicious Caribbean food at Turtle Bay in The Hub, MK.

Before we get into this, do go and check out the other girls and their blogs - they're all fab! You can find their links here: Sophie, Kara, Jo, Emma and Sophie.

We started off with a couple of drinks, I was driving so went for the non-alcoholic passionfruit cooler which was so refreshing, I think I drank it in about five minutes! The whole cocktail menu at Turtle Bay looks amazing, they have a HUGE selection of rum so next time I make a trip there I will make sure I'm not driving, and preferably go during happy hour too!




Out of the six of us, I was the only one who didn't struggle with the amount of spice in my food - I obviously chose the mildest dishes on the menu without even realising, which I was not complaining about as I can be a little bit of a wimp when it comes to spice.

I started with these yummy little duck rolls, which definitely had a kick to them but it was just the right amount for me, not too overpowering and I was really pleased that I ordered them - they were absolutely delish (also, I took this photo on my phone and was dead proud of how it turned out - I'm getting there with my photos!). 

The other girls went for the doubles, pulled pork salad and jerk chicken wings, all of which I'm told were equally yummy but packed a serious punch, spice-wise, you have been warned!




My main course was slightly spicier, although the sauce was quite creamy and so again, it was easy to eat and enjoy. I went for the mo'bay chicken with sweet potato fries and I thought it was fab, really yummy and the perfect portion size too.

Around the rest of the table there was a mixture of one-pot curries, burgers and lamb, these all looked so bright and colourful and all of our plates were more of less wiped clean by the end of the meal, which is always a good sign.

If you're looking for somewhere a little different in Milton Keynes, whether that's for drinks or dinner (as long as you don't mind a bit of spice), definitely go and check out Turtle Bay. The service, food, drinks and (of course) the company made my Tuesday night wonderful and I can't wait to go back soon!


Haze x




Share:

0 comments